The greatest welterweight in Bellator MMA history will return to action on Friday night as three-time division champion Douglas Lima defends his 170-pound title against Yaroslav Amosov in the main event of Bellator 260. The action goes down from Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut and airs live on Showtime.
Lima won the title for the third time in 2019, beating Rory MacDonald in the finals of the Bellator Welterweight World Grand Prix tournament. He also captured the title in 2014 and 2016. In his most recent fight, Lima attempted to jump to middleweight but came up short in a bid for the then-vacant championship when he lost a decision to Gegard Mousasi.
Can’t get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including a complete preview of Bellator 260 on Friday night below.
Amosov is 25-0 in his career, not yet suffering a defeat and going 6-0 since joining the Bellator roster. Amosov faced the stiffest test of his career in his most recent fight, winning a narrow split decision over Logan Storley to secure a title shot.
It’s a loaded up fight card for the return of fans live at the Mohegan Sun Arena. The co-main event features an interesting showdown at 175 pounds between Paul “Semtex” Daley and Jason Jackson. Both men, who regularly fight at welterweight, agreed to a five-pound allowance up as they look to impress the matchmakers in hopes of earning a title shot next. Plus, top prospect Aaron Pico is back when he takes on Aiden Lee at featherweight. Pico has impressed with three straight finishes after his defeat at the hands of Adam Borics in 2019.
Here’s all the info you need to catch the fights on Friday night.
Bellator 260 viewing information
Date: June 11 | Start time: 9 p.m. ET (main card) | 6 p.m. ET (prelims)
Location: Mohegan Sun Arena — Uncasville, Connecticut
TV Channel: Showtime | Stream: Showtime.com and the Showtime app
Here’s the fight card for Bellator 260 with the latest odds from William Hill Sportsbook.
Bellator 260 card, odds
- Douglas Lima (c) -115 vs. Yaroslav Amosov -105, welterweight championship
- Jason Jackson -270 vs. Paul Daley +220, 175-pound catchweight
- Aaron Pico -700 vs. Aiden Lee +500, featherweight
- Mark Lemminger -135 vs. Demarques Jackson +115, welterweight
- Kyle Cruchmer -125 vs. Levan Chokheli +105, welterweight
- Justin Gonzales -115 vs. Tywan Claxton -105, featherweight
- Nick Newell -130 vs. Bobby King +110, lightweight
- Lucas Brennan -1200 vs. Matt Skibicki +750, 150-pound catchweight
- Amanda Bell -125 vs. Marina Mokhnatkina +105, women’s featherweight
- Alex Polizzi -240 vs. Gustavo Trujillo +200, light heavyweight